Den of Dreams

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dare to Dream

2 posters

The Den of Dreams (An experimental first person roleplay)

CorruptPhoenix
    CorruptPhoenix
    Admin

The Den of Dreams (An experimental first person roleplay) Empty The Den of Dreams (An experimental first person roleplay)

Post  CorruptPhoenix Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:32 pm

I gasped and opened my eyes, sitting upright with a start. "Where in the hell am I?" I thought to myself, struggling to remember where I was supposed to be. I scanned the area attempting, with difficulty, to keep my rising panic at bay. I sat in the middle of a dense forest that, odds were, had been stone dead for a long time. My experience with vegetation was limited and as a result, I had no understanding of what type of trees these once were, but they looked far from natural. The branches (or what was left of them) were knotted and contorted into shapes that disturbed a part of my mind that I had until this point been entirely unfamiliar with. I found this long dead wood grotesque and my objective, with next to no consideration, became putting distance between myself and this nightmarish forest. I stood and it was only then that I realized I was both stark naked and quite cold. I ignored both issues for the moment, as nothing around me could be fashioned into clothing of any kind and I didn't dare try to start a fire in a forest as dry and decrepit as this one. I checked my surroundings once more and headed in the direction I figured was North. As I walked, I tried to commit some key landmarks to memory so I didn't become more lost. All of these landmarks were trees that had been twisted into particularly ghastly forms, some of which sharing semblance with various ordinarily living things had those things been picked up and wrung any which way. more then once, I passed the same landmark a number of times but eventually I seemed to make some actual progress. I hadn't layed a hand on any of the forest's lifeless folliage for fear that whatever I touched would crumble but after a number of hours, I began to tire and found myself leaning against a gnarled oak. The only tree I recognized. Not only did that oak crumble but every single tree around me immediately turned to ash. I fell to the ground as the tree that had been my leaning post became nothing more then a heap of soot along with all the others and I was now surrounded by nothing at all. Miles before me stood a mountain of magnificent height and in all other directions, there was only ash. I broke into a run toward the mountain.
    Dynasif
    Dynasif
    Admin

The Den of Dreams (An experimental first person roleplay) Empty Re: The Den of Dreams (An experimental first person roleplay)

Post  Dynasif Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

"oh for the love of fuck" sitting up grasping my head "not again" I look around bewildered "another bachelor party and I wake up in a strange place once again". Standing walking over to one of the gnarled withered trees looking at it for a moment reaching for before touching it all the trees around me started turning to ash spinning around wishing I hadn't. A world of flowing ash was all I could see at first the I spotted a lone figure amongst the ash running as fast as I could "HEY" I shout hoping that he might know whats going on.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 am